A BOUTIQUE HOTEL NESTLED IN A TROPICAL GARDEN:
A SUBTLE BLEND OF LUXURY AND HOMELY FEELING
Karmagali Boutique Suites is an intimate and small luxury boutique hotel located in the heart of Sanur, beachside in a quiet and genuine residential area, a few-minute walk away from shops, restaurants and beaches.
In accordance with owners wishes of own Magali and Frederic ETASSE, Karmagali’s spirit is in line with boutique hotels and luxury guesthouses concept: a limited number of rooms with refined decoration, a personal service and attention paid to the finest details all in a sustainable way, and an immediate homely feeling!
Magali, Frederic and their dedicated staff take care of the guests during their stay and will be honored to welcome you in one of this charming hotel’s six suites, inviting you to a sensual journey. High end bedding and air conditioning, both silent and efficient, will ensure a restful sleep. Served on your private terrace, breakfast and meals are prepared with special care: all the dishes are made from fresh and/or organic ingredients cooked on our premises in slow food and locavore philosophy.
Surrounded by a tropical garden, you will relax by the magnificent 17m long infinity pool. You may even give yourself over to the expert hands of a professional therapist in the spa.
Karmagali Boutique Suites is a delicate and discreet gem that will welcome you with the utmost pleasure. The setting and staff will strive to give you a sense of well-being and instantly make you feel at home. More than a mere hotel, Karmagali boutique hotel offers a unique experience and the best opportunity to discover the magic of Bali.
Since it creation in 2014, Karmagali has tried to have the most ecological approach as possible in an urban setting. In it conception but also in daily management of the hotel.
Local building materials.
• High quality or materials for the standing but also durable: marble from Sulawesi flooring, Palimanan from Java for the walls, wooden carpentry, Alang-Alang traditional roofing.
• Furniture were designed by the owners and made from recycled materials. Decoration was found in the island.
Water and electricity consumption management
• Use of public water instead of a well to preserve the groundwater and to avoid salinization of the rice fields. Installation of water frothers and Italian showers (no bathtubs).
• Laundry washed every 3 days (except guest's request).
• LED lamps, high-end and high-performance air conditioning, gas water heaters.
Filtered driking water
Served at will in Glass carafes. This avoiding the use and transport of plastic bottles.
A "Locavore" approach
Products, used for cooking, are locally produced and processed on site... More taste less chemicals.
Environmentally sensitive waste management:
Waste sparing recycled by "Eco bali recycling"
Minimum use of plastics (no plastic bags in the rooms, bamboo straws...)
A reasoned use of maintenance products:
Daily use of pure chlorine (without stabilizers) in the pool… A better control and less odors.
Natural cleaning products such as white vinegar, baking soda, essential oils.
Natural bodycare line:
Available in room and used in the spa, parabens free, sulfates free, customized for Karmagali with natural products.
Respect of social norms.
• Fair salaries.
• Social Protection (health, retirement, insurance).
• Long-term employment contracts.